Thursday, January 24

My Dark Under Eye Circles Miracle | Bobbi Brown

  I don’t know how many times I’ve whimpered to my friends and family about the dark circles under my eyes. I’ve had them since I was a baby and it’s taken me a long time to come to terms with the fact that it’s just a genetic thing and they’re not going anywhere without some kind of cosmetic procedure which I’m far too petrified to even investigate. (Before you say it – yes I get plenty of sleep, usually over 8 hours a night and drink over 2 litres of water a day).
  All the girls on my mum’s side of the family have them and since I can remember we’ve all been searching for the ‘bestest’ way to conceal them. For a long time I’ve used YSL’s touché éclat highlighter (which is amazing) – but I have discovered a combination that literally blows that baby out of the park…
Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream & Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque
  Let me introduce to you the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream and Corrector. Firstly, how frickin' gorgeous is the packaging?!
  You’ve probably seen the Corrector floating around the blogosphere for ages now – it is used for the under eye area and it’s salmony pink tones are perfect for evening out the black and blue shadows that haunt my eyes. If your circles aren’t too bad, I suppose you could use it instead of your concealer however for me, I use it as a base and put my concealer over the top. I’ve heard mixed reviews about it being cakey – nonetheless I was so super excited when I got to the Bobbi Brown counter in Selfridge’s and the assistant was applying it but when I looked in the mirror it literally looked like I’d wiped creamy cake under my eyes, I almost walked off pretty disgusted as I’d heard such great things, but I thought I’d let the assistant offer an explanation. She advised that my under eye area was so de-hydrated that there wasn’t a smooth service for the corrector to sit on, hence the cakey look. I was pretty bummed.
  Then she went and made my LIFE and whipped out their hydrating under eye cream to see if that made any difference to the finish. She removed all my makeup and applied the cream directly under the eye. I almost slapped her hand away when she started – as you’ll probably know it’s a big no-no in the beauty world to apply eye cream directly under the eyes. I was quickly corrected and advised that this particular cream was specifically made for application under the eye to hydrate and revitalise. After application (used with a cotton bud, as not to spread germs within the cream) she left it for a few moments to sink in before applying the corrector over the top.
  OH EM GEE - literally I nearly cried. I’ve never seen my eyes look like that before, and perhaps it’s more of a personal thing more than something you can see in real life, I don’t know. But what I do know is that I felt amazing for the first time ever. That probably sounds so dramatic, but when you suffer with circles like I do you’ll know where I’m coming from. 

  So this little combination is now a staple in my daily makeup routine - thank you Bobbi Brown!! I apply the cream, followed by the corrector and then follow on with my foundation etc. etc. (Note: I'm not wearing foundation in the above photograph, just the Bobbi Brown products and my concealer). Thought you might like to see how it shows up on natural skin :)
  I’d be really keen to hear if anyone else has tried these two together, and what they thought. It’s quite a pricey daily luxury, but I’m so glad that I’ve found it. If you want to pick some up, you can do so here and here.

1 comment:

octaviehaddix said...

TI - Trex Titanium headphones - Titanium Arts
TI - Trex polished titanium Titanium ford edge titanium for sale headphones is a quality titanium sponge adjustable sound titanium tent stove system with a top notch design that titanium flask allows you to quickly adjust your position. Rating: 4.3 · ‎34 reviews · ‎$129.95

Post a Comment