Tuesday, January 22

My Happy New Year | What does 2013 mean to you?

  Firstly, I'M HOME!!!! Hope you haven't missed me too much ;) and a huuuuuge thank you to all the gorgeous bloggers who guest posted for me whilst I was away. Hope you all enjoyed reading them as much as I did. I have SO much I want to write about over the next few weeks, and don't fret - I will be providing you with a post dedicated to my trip to Australia! :D
  Anyway - I’m aware that I’m perhaps a teensy bit late for the ‘New Year’ blog post. But I’m writing it anyway ;) c’mon I have been away in Australia for the month, so this essentially is my New Year.
  So everyone, every year starts their January with New Year’s resolutions. You know the ones…lose the stone put on over Christmas, eat healthy, go to the gym etc. etc. And that’s all well and good – I mean don’t stop, especially if you actually stick to them for the whole year. However, I think the only person I’ve ever met that has stuck to and achieved their New Years resolutions is my boyfriend. I’d be very keen to hear of anyone else that has! I guess I'm just not very good at sticking to things when my hearts not in it. But don't get me wrong, I totally commend the people who can and do - do it.
  This year, I’m going to change my tune a little and take a leaf out of his book. I’m not going to set resolutions that I clearly won’t keep or that to be honest I really don’t want to. Yes I have personal objectives that I would like to accomplish this year, like buying my first home amongst a few others. But they aren't New Year’s resolutions, they are simply life.

  2013 for me will purely be about being more positive. 
  Being in Australia (albeit for only 3 weeks) has genuinely made me feel a bit gutted about my country and our culture. Don’t get me wrong, I love my home and all the beautiful places that are under our little European roof – but honestly, we are the most grumpy, negative bunch of people pretty much ever. 
  Perhaps the sunshine over the other side of the world makes everyone a little bit merrier but really, it’s so shockingly different. I am determined going forward that every morning I will wake up and remind myself that life is not so bad. Yes we have deadlines, yes we are stressed, yes money may be tight, yes we’ve had an argument with our partner over who left the fridge door open but life is GOOD! 
  If you’ve met me you’d know that sometimes (more often than not) I can be a bit of a negative ninny. And I’m fully aware that sometimes I am not going to be able to be a positive penny, but I am definitely 100% going to make myself look for the positives before I go to whinge and whine.
  The past month of my life has been pretty much the happiest I’ve been in a long while. I was surrounded by positivity and happiness and it’s just infectious. If everyone here was just a tad jollier I can pretty much guarantee we’d all be smiling a hell of a lot more. 
all images courtesy of weheartit.com

  So if like me you’re a bit ‘done’ with setting yourself unrealistic and unachievable goals, I’d love it if you joined in and jumped on the happiness bandwagon! (Enough cheese, or?) 
  This year will be the best yet – I know it.


  What about you lovely lot? What does 2013 mean to you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment