Thursday, October 25

Why Do You Wear Makeup? | TAG


So, I haven't done a TAG before. Mainly because, I haven't found one that I have a personal want for writing about. I really enjoy reading others, but it's not been something I've had an urge to do! That was until Kayleigh (the ever so beautiful Kayleigh) of Couture Girl posted this one - Why do you wear makeup? I think it's such an interesting subject and couldn't wait to give my take on it :)

1. When did you begin to love makeup? 
Since I can remember I’ve had terribly dark circles under my eyes, so as soon as I heard the word makeup I wanted to try and masque them. I suppose I was around 12 when I started wearing concealer, but that was the only thing I owned! My real love and appreciation for makeup began when I was about 14, going into year 9 at secondary school. I saw other girls coming in to school with heavy makeup, I didn’t want to look like them, but it did intrigue me as to how makeup could change or enhance your appearance. I started experimenting with foundations, blushers and eye shadow and I think I’ve been hooked since then! I’ve always preferred a more natural look, I’ve never been one for slathering layers of make-up on and definitely believe less is more :)

2. How do you feel without makeup?
Sometimes, I feel like I could leave the house and conquer the world without makeup on. If I’ve had a good night’s sleep and it’s only to the local shop to pick up some bread, that is. Not exactly conquering the world is it? 
Other times, I feel positively horrific and wouldn’t leave the house without at least popping on some concealer and mascara. I suppose that does show insecurities, but I can’t help but feel more confident with my make-up on. I don’t wear a hideous amount, but without it I do feel self conscious and a bit, well ugly.

3. What do you like about makeup? 
Gah, where do I start! As I mentioned above, I love the fact that makeup can enhance your natural features and boost your confidence. I love the variety of products out there, which enable you to achieve pretty much any look you could dream of. I also love that it can bring ladies like you and I together. Without makeup, I wouldn't have such a passion to write about all the products that I love and share it with you guys. 

4. Three 'Holy Grail' Items: 
Only 3? You cheeky monkey’s ;)

1. Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Foundation – This has been my savior over the past year. As many of you know, I struggle with my skin and controlling breakouts. This product has been amazing for helping to cover up blemishes and keep my skin healthy without clogging up my pores. It’s finish and staying power is like none I’ve ever tried before; I wouldn't be without it!

2. Collection 2000 – Lasting Perfection Concealer – This bad boy is incredible. It’s such good value for money and the coverage is insane. CYA dark circles ;)

3. Collection 2000 Liquid Eye Liner – Again, so affordable and you’ll rarely see me without my bat-wing eye liner, I feel naked without it!

I hope you lovely lot enjoyed reading my ramblings :) and I tag every single one of you to take part!! Make sure you let me know if you write your own, by commenting below or dropping me a little tweet with the link :D

No comments:

Post a Comment