Tuesday, July 24

Find me a Baby Gift | The Perfect Present

Today is a slightly different post from the norm. There will be no lusting after beauty products that promise to make us look like Scarlett Johansson or impromptu purchases of pieces of clothing we surely cannot justify. No. Today, for me anyway, is about finding the perfect gift for a new mummy & their baby. 
Now, I am fully aware that some of my readers may not be anywhere near ready to have a baby, so this may not be to everyone’s taste, & for that I will apologise. However, I think this little company is just too wonderful not to shout about, literally, everyone should know about it :)

Being slightly long in the tooth (in the blogging world anyway), I have lots of friends that are making & having beautiful babies. Which is just wonderful; but don’t you find it difficult to know what to get as a present? I always feel a bit stuck. They’ll have heaps of new baby clothes, & I don’t know about you, but I just find it quite difficult to be overly thoughtful without copying what everyone else does. & let’s face it that must get a bit monotonous for the mummy & daddy, right? 
You can imagine then, how delighted I was to find Ange’s online shop, find me a baby gift. Ange’s little slice of online heaven has been established for 5 years, which is such a short space of time to have built such a wonderful business. The team source beautiful baby blankets and quilts which are professionally embroidered with the baby’s name, date of birth, time & weight. Isn't that a fantastic idea? So refreshingly original and personal. Having purchased from Ange a few times before, she kindly agreed to send me a baby blanket for review, so that I could show you lovely lot. 
I was waiting for a certain fellow blogger to ‘pop’ (excuse crude phrasing) & when she did I couldn’t wait to send her the blanket I’d chosen. Tami, of Tami-Bee is the definition of ‘yummy mummy’, seriously guys she is drop dead gorgeous & had to be the most stylish pregnant lady of ALL TIME. If you haven’t checked out her blog please hop on over, I’m certain you’ll love her as much as I do. I was delighted that she agreed to send me the details of Isla’s birth, to make the blanket as personal to them as possible. & here are the results… 
Image courtesy of Tami
Image courtesy of Tami
What do you think? I just absolutely love it :) The one I chose for Tami & Isla is the AnimalApplique Blanket with Honey Bear – in cream, costing a teeny tiny £29.99. It really is the ultimate keepsake item, something you can keep & cherish forever. Each box is individually hand wrapped, to ensure personal perfection each time. & you needn't worry about getting the blanket sent to you & then the mummy, invoices/receipts are all sorted out over email/post prior to purchase, so your box can be sent lovingly wrapped up to the recipient with a hand written note of your choice. Ordering online is such a simple process, however if you prefer a more personal approach, there is always someone at the end of the phone or contactable over email if you have any queries; definitely the best customer service I have ever received. Prices start from as low as £19.99, so there really is an option for everyone.


Here's what Tami thought:

The blanket is absolutely perfect. I love that it’s not just a generic girly pink and the little animals are a lovely touch; they will always remind Isla that she's half South African (hehe). The thickness of the blanket will be perfect come Winter. Heck, it'll be perfect for any chilly night in the Summer! The fact that it's got her full name and all the details of her birth stitched on makes it so much more personal and something that we'll keep for the rest of her life. Y'know everyone has that little thing they absolutely treasure from their childhood and they cannot ever be without? This blanket will be that for Isla. :) 

So, do any of you think you’ll be making a purchase for a new arrival? & mum’s, what do you think of this? Is it something you’d like to receive? Hop on over & take a peek...you know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment