Monday, May 28

Guest Post | Kristin of Beauty Xpose

A few months ago, i joined the wonderful world that is IFB - Independent Fashion Bloggers. It was such a warm welcome in to the world that is blogging & I've been lucky enough to get to know some really lovely ladies along the way. One of them being the beautiful Kristin of Beauty Xpose. Have a little read, & get to know her a wee bit; I'm sure you'll love her as much as I do!

1.What three things can make you smile no matter your mood
Starting off with an easy one :) - 1) My boyfriend 2) Pictures of teacup pigs 3) Crappy television

2.What is your favorite part of blogging?
My favorite part is all the wonderful people I’ve met from fellow bloggers to industry folks to readers. It’s so fabulous thinking of all the people that blogging brought in to my life.

3. Do you have a current favorite/go-to fashion item?
Right now I’m loving my J.Crew eyelet shorts, and Kate Spade necklace. If no one would notice, I would wear them every day! Unfortunately, my desire to not repeat outfits holds me back. 

4. And beauty - do you have a current favorite/go-to beauty item?
I have two, both from Smashbox. I LOVE the Shades of Fame lip glosses, which have turned me on to lip gloss. Second is the Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer. It evens out my skin tone and keeps my makeup in place all day. What more could you ask for?!

5.What bit of fashion/beauty advice would you give to anyone?
Don’t worry about the trends and what everyone else is doing. Find clothes and products that work with your body and personality. If you are comfortable and feel great, you’ll look great too!

6. What made you want to start blogging?
I sort of fell in to blogging. Three years, I started an internship at a Public Relations agency. Right when I was starting Anne (my now BeautyXpose partner-in-crime), who happened to be my supervisor, had just started a blog. I initially helped to write a post here, a review there. However, next thing I knew, I was working hand-in-hand with Anne and sharing all the ownership responsibilities. Three years later, we’re still going strong. It’s a miracle she’s not sick of me yet :)

7. Which beauty product would you never re-purchase again and why?
Easy – butter LONDON LIPPY. I love their nailpolishes, so couldn’t wait to try their new LIPPIES. However, I was SO let down. The glosses are goopy and don’t go on evenly. Plus, the smell and taste like plastic.

8. Name one beauty product you can't leave the house without?
Well – if we’re talking I can only wear one makeup item for a day, I’d have to say mascara. I love Covergirl LashBlast Fusion. However, if I get to put on all my makeup and then just leave the house with only one thing, I would pick Burt’s Bees chapstick. I’m a pretty simple girl … sometimes.  

9. Do you have any other hobbies aside from blogging?
Does shopping count?! I’ve recently started to dabble in running (but I wouldn’t call myself a runner). From time to time, I add a new page to my scrapbook. A couple of weeks ago, I bought myself a Cannon Rebel t2i, so I’m starting to play around with photography. I hope those count!

10. What would be your dream job?
Ok, woah on the tough question! I’m not sure, and this is something I’m actually trying to figure out for myself right now. I would love to find a way to mix my passion for beauty and fashion with my desire to help others and make the world a better place. Those two things go hand-in-hand, right?! If you can think of anything that fits that description, feel free to let me know :)

So what did you think of the beaut that is Kristin? 

Fancy getting to know me a bit better too? You can see my post on her blog here: http://beautyxpose.com/2012/musings/guest-post-megs-of-wonderful-you.html#

No comments:

Post a Comment