Thursday, May 31

GlossyBox | May 2012 | Happy 1st Birthday!


How quickly has the time gone since I last posted about my April GlossyBox subscription? It literally seems like yesterday!

It was quite a special month for GlossyBox, being their 1st birthday & all. I can't quite believe it's only been a year for them; they seem so well established & in my eyes, leaps & bounds in front of other competitors. 












There were a few lovely extras this month, to celebrate birthday-ness. Special wrapping, with cakes etc. a bright pink balloon, which I think is so cute & a little compact mirror, which is essential to any girl who loves her beauty.

NOBLE ISLE Summer Rising Cornish Hedgerows Bath & Shower Gel - This came in a lovely little travel size, so perfect for taking away on your jolly’s. I do have about a zillion body washes, but you can never be too clean eh? This smells soooo good. It’s a really fresh & citrusy gel; which sort of reminds me of the shower gels you get in swanky hotels, if you know what I mean!

LOLITA LEMPICKA Eau de Parfum & Si Lolita – OH MY. I am in love. These scents are actually amazing. I am particularly in love with the Eau de Parfum. Both are so florally, with little hints of musk to even out the sweetness. If it was food, I would definitely gobble it all up. I’m definitely going to buy the full size bottles.

OSMO Berber Oil™ Hair Treatment – I’ve only used this once & was quite impressed. The consistency isn’t dissimilar to Moroccan Oil; it’s quite thick, & not too runny.  It smells super sweet, literally just like when you walk in to one of those old fashioned sweet shops. I’m not sure I’m a huge fan of the smell, it’s a bit too sweet for me; but the product works well. It left my hair super soft and smooth, when applied to damp hair before blow drying, whilst adding a little volume. One thing I would say is it didn’t leave my hair looking as shiny as other oils I’ve tried have.

ELDORA false eyelashes – I haven’t worn false eyelashes since I studied musical theatre at college, they’re not my favourite beauty accessory to be honest. I’ll let you know what I think once I’ve dared to try them :)

APIVITA Express Beauty Masks with Honey – Again, another product I haven’t tried yet. I’ve never heard of Apivita before, so I’m looking forward to giving it a whirl. Plus, I loveee honey. Nom.

I’ve seen quite a few reviews going around saying that they weren’t too thrilled with their contents this month; that previous boxes had over shone what people were expecting to be a ridiculously great box, considering the occasion. I think what people forget, is that this is a sample beauty box, to try products you wouldn’t necessarily come across otherwise, not a competition to see how many full sized products you can get for your money. I personally feel this is a great box, & well worth the £10! I received exactly what I signed up for, & yet again, I’m not disappointed :)

What did you think of yours this month? Or have you been tempted to sign up if you haven’t already? 

No comments:

Post a Comment