Tuesday, February 12

The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter | My Holy Grail Moisturiser


Moisturising I've noticed, is something a lot of you beauty folk neglect but for me it's one of the first things I do when I get out of the shower. Don't get me wrong - when I was younger I wasn't half arsed with it but I now see it as a sort of pamper session, some me time. There is nothing better in my eyes than looking after your skin and feeling slightly heavenly afterwards.

The Body Shop is infamous for it's Body Butters and I've been a convert since I hit my teens and 'discovered' beauty. If you're not familiar with them they come in this little round tub of 200ml  joy, with a creamy rich formula that soaks into the skin like a dream. There are heaps and heaps of scents to choose from, but my absolute favourite has to be the Satsuma. OH MY GOD - literally I feel frickin' fantastic whenever I apply this. Firstly if I want to eat a product it's a win and I could easily devour this entire tub. All of the body butters are heavily scented - my work colleague always comments when I've got this on! So if you prefer your moisturiser to be subtle this probably isn't for you. However I quite like feeling like a giant orange walking down the street.

Of course, it's not all about the scent - we want to know whether this actually works don't we? For a£13 price tag I would probably class it as more of a luxury product - but holy be-jesus it is worth every penny. I apply this to my entire body every night when I get out of the shower, and then again on the areas that need it most in the morning. When I have a shower again that evening I can actually feel a film of orangey protection; I have to wash the moisturiser off after having applied it nearly 24 hours ago.
I also suffer with dry elbows and patches on my arms and since I've been using this again (religiously) I haven't a dry spot in sight. I've been using it since I was 16 and I don't think I'll ever stop - it's honestly one of my holy grail products. 

You can also pick some of the butters up in 50ml sizes for £5, perfect for carrying around as a hand cream!

Have you tried these before? What's your favourite scent?

No comments:

Post a Comment