Wednesday, September 19

Body Shop | Shimmer Cubes Palette

Whilst I was away on hols, I did some guest posting for some other bloggers too! This one here, is one I did for the absolutely gorgeous Sammi of Samantha Avena  (pretty please go and check out her blog, it's full of amazing photography and wonderful lifestyle stories). I'm a little bit in love with her to be honest. In the least creepy way, obviously. Anyway, I thought you guys might like to see what I wrote over on her blog!


It’s quite odd really, the product I’m about to mention has been a staple in my makeup routine since I can remember. I’m talking almost 10 years folks (I know, I’m that old); but it’s the only makeup product I own from this brand. How ridiculous.
 The Body Shops Shimmer Cubes are literally my favourite thing ever. In one little pot you get 4 different cubes of eye shadows. There are quite a few to choose from in the range and I own the Shade 06 in ‘warm’.
I love the idea of them being in cubes, it’s super cute and makes me happy (it’s the small things, eh?) :) Each little pot is generous in size, meaning that they last forever and a day. I’ve literally had mine for over a year and have hardly made a dent. Obviously the colours chosen in each palette are there to complement each other, and blend beautifully. I’m not the best at achieving a ‘smoky eye’ look, but here’s my typical way to wear these four shades together…

Natural, and easy. I'm not really one for anything too heavy. Now, pigmentation/staying power is clearly a huge factor considered when choosing your eye shadow and these certainly don’t disappoint. I think the main reason these last so long is that you need minimal product to achieve a dramatic look, and even less to achieve a subtle glow (like mine); and it will stay put for hours. One of these bad boys will set you back £16, but when you take into consideration the quality of the product, and how long it will be sat on your dressing table, I think it’s completely justified!

You can also get 40% off your order online with Body Shop today!! Just type in TIME at checkout to redeem your discount :) Barrrrrgaiiiiiiinnnnn!

What do you think; does this beauty tickle your pickle? Or do you have a favourite palette I should know about?

No comments:

Post a Comment