Tuesday, August 14

Topshop Lipstick | Fire Cracker

The Topshop make up range is not one I’ve explored in any great detail. Why? I don’t know, because I ruddy love their lipsticks. I don’t know what it is with lipsticks and my lips, but they just won’t stay put. All my MAC ones slide off within a matter of minutes (okay that’s a slight exaggeration, maybe a bit longer), but I only have a select few lippies that I always turn to for their longevity on the lips and Topshop is one of them.
Infrared is one of my ultimate faves so when I spotted ‘Fire Cracker’ it was an immediate must have. I love the brightness and the velvet finish it leaves. I only needed to apply one sweep of this for full coverage and a super bright pigmentation.


One of the many things I love about the Topshop make up range is the packaging. Yes it's plain and simple, but that's me all over and I think it is so cute!! I haven't got much to go on, only owning one other lippy by them but you'd assume being a cream packaging it would get really grubby, I haven't found that at all (and it's not sitting pristine on a shelf, it's shoved in with all my makeup in a big box). These retail for £8 each, which is probably just above average for a high street makeup brand, but c'mon it's Topshop, what do we expect ;). And honestly, I don't mind paying this price tag, nope not one bit. The quality is definitely up there with the higher end brands such as NARS; which I think is saying something.
Being a matte velvet finish I was concerned that it would be drying on my lips, but it's surprisingly moisturising. Obviously, everyone is different so there's the possibility that the formulation may not work for you, but I am in love!



Orange is definitely proving to be my favourite lipstick colour, and this shade, for me is perfection. It's not as 'in your face' as a red, but it's bold enough to say 'hello, yes, I am wearing a statement lipstick and loving it' kind of thing, y'know? Perfect for summer and it will definitely be travelling along with me to Italy on Saturday! *dances round in a circle whilst chanting HOLIDAY at the top of my lungs* I am ridiculously excited.

I'm completely impressed with this lippy and it's encouraged me to dabble in a bit more of their make-up range. So if you have any products you'd recommend, be sure to let me know!

What do you think? Are you a fan of Orange or Topshop Lipsticks for that matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment