Thursday, May 10

Sun, Sea &....Sun?




I don’t know about anyone else. But I desperately need a holiday. Pronto. I’ve been sifting through some old holiday snaps & it got me feeling all antsy. Whilst I’ve learnt to embrace the ‘English Rose’ look that seems to take over during the colder months, after half a year of looking whiter than Casper, I think I’ve earned a jolly good tan.

The boy & I are going away to Italy for 2 weeks in August; we’ll be staying with my family, & the villa looks absolutely beautiful. It even has a few horses so we can go riding, eep! Very excited indeedy.
This is said 'Boy'

We’re also going to Australia for 3 weeks over Christmas; we’re staying with his Aunty in Melbourne, Victoria. I CANNOT WAIT. I’ve never ventured out of Europe, so this is going to be a real treat. However, I have no idea what I’m doing. & I’m awful at planning things in life, so no doubt I’ll leave it too late to research all the hotspots & amazing things I should be doing whilst I’m there. If I was rich, I would employ some ravishing life-planner man to sort me out. Ahem, I know what you’re thinking; it would be purely platonic ladies. It’s just nice to have eye candy with your organisation, right?

I do hate wishing time away, but I really wish it would bloomin’ hurry up! Although I love being a little country bumpkin, living in a pretty little village in England, I do sometimes wonder why my family didn’t decide to be kind & live somewhere hot. Not that I’m bitter or anything.

So, do any of you lot have some advice on what I should get up to in Melbourne? I think I’ll need all the help I can get. The only thing I have on my list so far is penguin watching. Apparently there’s a lovely little spot on a beach where you can watch them all walk up out of the water at the same time, awhh :)

I also believe holiday shopping will commence rather shortly.

Where are you all off to on your jolly's this year? Are you excited? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment