Wednesday, April 4

A spot of bother

First post :) not expecting anyone to actually read this, but thank you if you do!

l-r: 1. spot treatment gel 2. cleansing foam 3. clarifying lotion 4. clearing moisturiser
I was always classed as the lucky one through my teenage years; perfectly clear skin, with perhaps one evil spot that would make an appearance when it was that time of the month.  But when I turned 21 this all seemed to change. Spots were appearing far more frequently, instead of just one or two my face was covered in up to 40 spots at a time (yes I kept count!). I understand that this amount may seem tiny compared to more aggressive forms of acne; but it really is such a huge confidence knock and I was feeling terribly self-conscious, to the point going out and seeing people made me feel ill. I had tried various products, ranging from the gentlest of beauty care Liz Earle to prescribed Duac Gel (benzoyl peroxide) and nothing seemed to work, all of them caused even larger flare-ups. That was until I discovered Clinique’s ant blemish solutions. There are three main steps to the range, of which I will describe in further detail below, along with a little extra:
Step 1: Cleansing Foam – Firstly, I love the design of the product. Having a pump nozzle means no fuss with dispensing and it is far less messy than most cleansers. The cleanser itself is a light foam, so you only need a tiny bit to go a long way. I must admit the smell isn’t heavenly, it is slightly chemically, but don’t be put off by this. I have super sensitive skin, and I was always wary of Clinique before, thinking their products would be too harsh, this hasn’t been the case at all. I use this morning and night and feel so refreshed and clean afterwards. The main purpose for the entire range is to reduce the soreness, itchiness and redness in your blemishes; and if you just want a cleanser to add to your daily routine this definitely does that. Being cautious of the brand originally, I started off with just the cleanser and found using that alone my spots were reducing in size, they weren’t as painful and weren’t lasting half as long as they were before.

cleansing foam

Step 2: Clarifying Lotion – Once I was feeling a little more confident with the brand I went on and purchased the Clarifying Lotion. This is slightly stronger than the cleanser, but again, i suffered no bad reactions. At the bottom of the bottle there is a layer of a white powered substance; these are tiny exfoliating particles, so you have to shake the bottle thoroughly before use. This lotion works in the same way as the cleanser, reducing redness etc. However the exfoliating properties help to clear up dead skin cells and reduce excess oil that can lead to breakouts. I have always had quite an oily t-zone with the rest of my face being quite dry and this lotion has cleared up my oiliness almost completely and hasn’t dried out my cheeks. I do always splash my face with some cold water a few minutes after applying as it can sometimes leave a tingly sensation.
Step 3: Clearing Moisturiser – This is a really lightweight moisturiser, and I find that it sinks in to my skin almost immediately, but leaves it SO soft! Personally, I think this moisturiser is a bit of a god send, it’s been perfect for my skin and does exactly what it says on the tin: Fights blemishes and treats existing ones. Since suffering with spots I have also suffered with the scar tissue left from the little terrors. Some lasting up to 6 months at a time, which is such a pain, and to be honest makes me so mad. This moisturiser has helped to reduce scarring on new spots, and has completely removed some existing ones!
Now this next one isn’t in the daily step routine, but it is AMAZING....
Spot Treatment Gel – It’s a lovely size so can easily be carried around in your handbag for those ‘emergency’ spots. Again, a little goes a long way. You simply dab (not rub) a teeny bit over the spot in question and it almost immediately numbs the area to which it has been applied, forming almost a film barrier over the blemish – magic! You can apply as often as required, and obviously the more regularly it is used, the quicker the spots will reduce. The beauty of this one is that it can be applied over your makeup/foundation and you won’t even notice. It does sting a little bit, but it’s bloomin’ wonderful!
As a whole I couldn’t praise this beauty regime enough. It’s definitely a staple in my routine and I won’t be changing it until I know my skin has given up on breaking out forever! (Unlikely). I now have far less breakouts, and when they do come along they are gone nearly as quickly as they came; and my complexion as a whole is much more even and 100% clearer than before. Dare I say I’m nearly back to my teenage skin?!
The entire range is quite affordable, and you can find it here at boots and at clinique too.
Sorry for the humongous post; but I feel so passionate about this product range and want anyone that’s suffering the way I did to have something they can relate to!

No comments:

Post a Comment