Sunday, January 13

Top Wintery Foundations | Makeup-Pixi3 Guest Post

Hello everyone!  Meg has very kindly let me take over her cute little corner of the web for today and do a little guest post for you :)  Just a little bit about me, my name is Georgina, I've been blogging for about a year now over at Makeup-Pixi3 and I've been doing YouTube video's for just over a year (you can find links to those at the bottom of this post).  I've always been beauty focused but I like throwing in the odd lifestyle post in the mix too :)  I love cats, polka dots and coffee, I dislike spiders, rude people and the rain.  Well, that's enough about me, lets get on with the show!


L-R YSL Touche Eclat Teint (shade BR30), Revlon Colourstay (shade 110 Ivory) and Dr Jart+ Regenerating BB Cream.



YSL Touche Eclat Teint Foundation
This is probably my favourite foundation right now, I've been using it for about... 3 months and it's my go-to foundation, I pretty much use it every day.  The reason why I feel this one is perfect for the wintery season, is because it feels quite hydrating on the skin, not drying at all (unlike my experience of Double Wear!).  It lasts really well, especially if you use a setting powder over the top of it and keeps your skin looking radiant even during these months where skin tends to look tired and a bit battered by the wind.
Essentials: Light coverage, £27 a bottle, only need 1 pump to do your makeup.  *****

Revlon Colourstay Foundation
I haven't had this one that long, perhaps... a month at most.  But, I've really grown to like it.  It'll give you medium coverage, which is buildable to heavy if you so wish.  It will hide a multitude of sins that lurk too and comes in at less than half the price of the YSL foundation.  It'll last you well throughout the day and shouldn't need any touching up.  I'd held back from buying this as I think it's quite expensive for a high street/drugstore foundation, it's around £12, but I got it on a 3 for 2 offer so it really wasn't that bad, and I'm really glad I did purchase it.  It's a great product and perfect for the winter, especially for every day wear.
Essentials: Medium (buildable to heavy) coverage, £12, no pump action ****

Dr Jart+ Regenerating BB Cream
If you read my blog at all, you'll have probably seen me rave about this quite a bit, and it appear in some favourites videos.  Lots of people tend to favour BB creams for summer months due to their SPF addition, but you can get as much harm from the sun in the winter, even though you won't necessary get a tan etc, the harmful rays are still there, so it's still important to protect your skin.  For me, this is also great for the winter as it's super hydrating, offers really good coverage, I'd go so far as to say, medium coverage.
Essentials: Medium coverage, £21, great SPF coverage ****

Well they're my picks, I hope you enjoyed my little post :)  If you'd like to check out my blog and YouTube etc, you can find me here:
YouTube: Makeup-Pixi3
Twitter: @twinklinpixi3

Thanks again to Meg for having me over too :)

Georgina / Pixi3

No comments:

Post a Comment