Tuesday, April 17

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Makeup

I’m quite conscious that the start to my blogging life is a bit ‘clinique mad’, but hey ho, I do absolutely love it.


Being such a huge fan of their anti-blemish 3 step range, I thought; why not try the anti-blemish make-up too? I popped in to my local boots to pick up a tester of the foundation from their counter – I didn’t want to make the official purchase until I’d actually given it a good go! Actually, on that note, their tester pots are actually a really good size. I got 3 pots, in shades 1, 2 & 3 and each pot lasted me over a week. Obviously it will depend how much foundation you like to use, I’m not too heavy handed with the ole’ liquid so it lasted me well :). I ended up going for shade2 in Fresh Ivory – dry combination to oily. It’s slightly darker than my skin tone, but I always prefer to do that; I find that if I go for an exact match my face ends up looking like casper and if I go darker, I look like an orange, so I figured just slightly darker would tick all the boxes! I must say, I’m really impressed. It’s a medium coverage, that’s buildable; it’s not cakey or too light, just right in my opinion. Usually, I’m a powder girl (huge bare minerals fan), so I don’t proclaim to be at all in-the-know when it comes to liquid foundations by any means, but for me I think I’ve found ‘the one’. And with just a little drop it helps to conceal any blemishes, whilst giving a more even skin tone.
The staying power is undeniably fantastic. I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t know many foundations that when you look in the mirror at the end of a long day, look freshly applied, and this definitely does. I have had repeated compliments since this purchase of people telling me how great my skin looks etc. Which is such a confidence boost when you’ve been feeling really crappy about your skin. Excuse the gross photo, I was in a bit of a rush to go out for my brother’s 16th birthday meal; but I wanted to show you what it looks like on without any editing etc :)

I really lack any form of self control when it comes to any sort of shopping. So obviously, I got roped in to purchasing the concealer too: shade1 clearing concealer. Now, this is definitely a thick concealer, I don’t think it would be something I would ever use under my eyes, unless I mixed it with an illuminator or something like that, well, just because I think it might be a bit cakey for my liking. And I don’t like cakey-ness of any sort on my disgustingly dark bags that seem to take up half my face (for this I am a raving fan of touché clat, but i’m rambling now, and that’s another story). However, this is very very good at covering up blemishes; the coverage is immense and definitely ‘full’. Along with the foundation, it’s staying power is spot on, excuse the pun ;). For application on both, I use the Real Techniques - Core Collection brushes - Ah-mazeeee-ing, check them out here.
clearing concealer

liquid foundation

Have any of you tried these little gems, if so, what did you think? Or do you have a foundation that you’d recommend for spot prone skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment